Swoosh Online Community
A central location for the users of NX, Teamcenter, Solid Edge, and all things PLM. Because who has time to google anymore?
Installing NX Machine Simulation
This step-by-step guide will show you how to install a new Machine Simulator.
Note: These instructions work for all NX Releases.
A typical machine kit will be in a folder. You will use the folder itself as well as its contents.
- This is where the Machine Configurator is located
- This is where the actual Machine Simulation is located along with any components used
- Postprocessor for this Machine Simulator
- DMU50_TTBC_S840D.dat (example)
- Note: This dat file tells NX where the postprocessor for this Machine is Located
First, you will need to add a line of code to the machine_database.dat file. Then, you will copy the entire machine kit folder into the installed machines library.
Step 1) Locate the machine_database.dat file and make a backup copy of it.
- The default location of this file on a stand alone system is:
C:Program FilesSiemensNX 12.0MACHresourcelibrarymachineascii
- Make a copy of machine_database.dat and rename it to machine_database_bu.dat
Note: If you are unable to save the backup file into this directory, then save it to your desktop and then you should be able to move it into the directory.
Leave this explorer window open because you will be editing the file in the next step.
Step 2) Open the attached file named “Add_to_machine_database.dat”
- Highlight the line of code for the version of NX you are running and copy it (on your clipboard)
Step 3) Open the “machine_database.dat” you located and copied in the preceding step.
- Open the dat file
- Scroll to the bottom of the file
- Add a blank line and then on the next line, enter “# New DMU_TTBC_S840D” and enter.
- On the next line Paste the contents of the clipboard. The file should look like this:
- Save the machine_database.dat file.
Step 4) Copy the entire kit folder for the new machine and paste it in the installed_Machines folder.
- Return to the location where you saved the Kit
- Copy the DMU50_TTBC_S840D folder
- Paste the DMU50_TTBC_S840D folder in: C:Program FilesSiemensNX 12.0MACHresourcelibrarymachineinstalled_machines
- Restart NX and your new simulator should be available from the machine library.