Siemens Solid Edge 2022 provides over 500 new features and functions that will take the stress out of your daily tasks – supporting modern product development processes, allowing you to do more with your resources, and enabling new ways of working. With more time on your hands, you’ll be able to best utilize resources right at your fingertips.
What's New in Solid Edge | 2022
Here are a few new features in Solid Edge 2022?
CAD Geometry Integrations
- With the new and enhanced seamless technology, CAD systems can easily be integrated for assemblies, data, or file sharing.
2.5 Axis Milling
- For active maintenance users, this feature is top notch. Design data and tool path creation within this integration creates optimized machining processes.
Collaboration Between Teams
- Cloud-based sharing allows teams to share, create, and collaborate at any time, from anywhere. With virtual prototyping functions and augmented reality, there is no need for further IT support in this department.
Generate Design Data Views Clearly
- Customized reports now allow users to create dynamic viewing methods with new rules and filters for detail refinement.
Increase Simulation Speed
- Now 10x faster than before, automated processes provide maximum results with minimum effort. From high quality mesh to simulation display performance, tasks can get done quickly and efficiently.
Visualization in the Real-World
- Assembly and viewing tools can be used for positioning equipment in any setting so spaces can easily be envisioned from start to finish.
Leverage Geometry Models
- Without Conversions Speed up workflows with coexisting b-rep and mesh geometries. The ease of coexisting models means that you’ll save plenty of time throughout the model development process that can be better utilized elsewhere.
Slow Down No More!
- With Solid Edge Software, fast assembly open allows users to reduce data overload by quickly entering preview modes. This also allows users to take advantage of the component finder for quick filters at your fingertips.
- Automatically generate new designs based on defined parameters and rules with the embedded Solid Edge® Design Configurator software
- CAD Direct, a new built-in 3D design capability, improves productivity when working with geometry from popular computer-aided design (CAD) systems
- Leverage b-rep and mesh geometries in the same model without conversions
- New automated mesh generation processes in Solid Edge Simulation provide high-quality mesh with minimum effort, controlling mesh without the need for parameters.
- Introducing Simcenter™ Flomaster™ for Solid Edge software: based on a leading 1D computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation tool for fluids engineering, this new product allows users to easily model and analyze the fluid and thermal flows in their piping systems.
Operating System Update:In addition to the Operating System Requirements documented in the original 2022 Solid Edge readme, Solid Edge 2022 MP2 has now been certified to run on Windows 11 Enterprise or Professional (64-bit only)