Course Number: TR10900
5 Day Class
This course teaches designers skills needed to significantly reduce mold design lead time using Mold Wizard automation. The course mimics common tasks used in mold construction and is reinforced using hands-on activities.
A predominant amount of NX Mold Wizard functionality is taught from the beginning stages of part and flow analysis to drafting processes, including all of the major systems within an operating mold such as ejection, cooling, slides and lifter, and simulation.
• Initializing a Project
• Defining the Workpiece
• Using the Mold Tools
• Define and create parting geometry
• Tooling Inserts, Slides, and Lifters
• Standard part libraries to select and position common
• Define gate & runner geometry
• Design cooling channels and hardware
• Create ejectors, pockets, and holes in mold plates
• NX CAD Fundamentals (TR10200) OR NX for Experienced CAD Users (TR10300)
• NX CAD Advanced (TR10250)