Open Forum: NX CAM
56 min • John Vincent, Alexander Freund, Lars Okkels, Uwe Edlinger, Sashko Kurciski, Alon Shaham
It’s easier to plan for the future if you know the capabilities in your software and what’s to come in future releases. That’s why we invited the people from Siemens who develop and maintain NX CAM.
We asked them questions you, the user, had about features in NX CAM, what’s with the new naming system, and how they decide which enhancements and improvements make it into the software. Alexander Freund also gave us a sneak peak of the top 3 features that will be added to NX CAM in the December 2020 release. Get a behind-the-software look at the program you use everyday from the source. We covered:
- Coming soon: Z-level undercutting
- Coming soon: Automated 5-axis deburring
- Coming soon: New variant to create tool holder
- What’s with the new version names?
- IR vs PR vs ER
- Radiused endmill deburring
- Trochoidal milling
- Corner filleting
- Tangential barrel mills
- Mill planar operations
- Tool assembly library
- Defeaturing parts
- Planar profile operations
- Chain select curves
- CSE for probing
- TCL file in post configurator
- Okuma NC simulation
- Tangent to and On drive curve selection
Complete the form below to watch the full webinar replay.