Creating a Cloned Assembly
How to Clone an Assembly in NX CAM
In a few of my classes, I was asked if there was an easy way to clone an assembly in NX CAM. Clone assembly doesn’t have to be difficult, and it definitely isn’t! Let’s walk through a step-by-step guide to this procedure. We’ll start with creating your directory.
Start with Creating the Folder / Directory
- Create a folder/directory and name it cloned.
- Open the NX file you wish to clone.
- From the Assemblies pull down menu. Select Cloning (Make sure assemblies are active, if Assemblies are not active Cloning option is not visible.) Select Create Clone Assembly.This dialog will appear:
- On the main tab, select Add Assembly. Then, select your file that you wish to clone.
- (This may take awhile to load, it is reloading your file and all of its references).
- Now, go to the Naming Tab.
- Select the Define Naming Rule option: This dialog appears
Adding the Suffix
- Select the Add Suffix option.
- In the Add/Replace/Rename String: Box inter an underscore _
- Select OK
- In the Default Output Directory: Browse to the folder/directory you created in Step 1 of this procedure.
- Check the Dry run, a window will pop up with all the files that are referenced in your file.
- Then select the Execute button, this will create your cloned assembly in the directory/folder you created.
- Create a zip file containing all the files in the cloned folder.
And, you’re done!